Marketing & Outreach Manager (Internship)
Give 5% to Mother Earth Day is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization celebrating its 9th year of uniting Austin businesses and nonprofit organizations to protect and preserve our Central Texas environment.
Held annually in honor of Earth Day, Give 5% Day asks local businesses to pledge a donation of 5% of their sales from Earth Day to a fund benefiting 9 local environmental nonprofit organizations.
In 2018, Give 5% Day will benefit Shoal Creek Conservancy, Hill Country Conservancy, Austin Parks Foundation, Sustainable Food Center, Waller Creek Conservancy, Pease Park Conservancy, TreeFolks, Texas Campaign for the Environment Fund, and Friends of Barton Springs Pool.
Give 5% is seeking a Marketing & Communications Intern for the Spring 2018 Semester (January to May) to assist with the following duties:
- Recruiting local businesses to participate in the campaign;
- Developing and distributing content and marketing materials to promote the campaign;
- Digital marketing via the organization’s website, blog, social media channels, and more;
- Developing creative marketing strategies for the campaign;
- Administrative tasks, including data collection and entry;
- Assisting with day-of-event on Friday, April 20th .
The Marketing & Outreach Intern will gain practical, hands-on work experience running a large, grassroots initiative, as well as establish valuable connections to local nonprofit and business leaders. The position will pay a $500 stipend for the semester.
We are looking for creative, self-starting candidates who are available to start in January 2018 and work through May 2018. Candidates must possess the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Competency in digital and social media marketing;
- Ability to conduct sales and outreach calls to local businesses;
- Self-starter who is willing to hit the ground running and wear multiple hats;
- Positive attitude and passion for environmental causes.
Interested candidates should apply by sending their resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.